This is another one of those recipes that I saw on Pinterest and just had to make. I have made this cake twice now and everytime it has earned rave reviews. It is amazing how good it is with so few ingredients. It tastes like it would be way more complicated than it really is.
Pinterest Inspired Butterfingers Cake
1 box of yellow cake mix and the items needed to make it
1 can of condensed milk
1 jar of caramel sundae topping
1 tub of Cool Whip or whipped topping
4 regular sized Butterfingers candy bars
1. Bake the yellow cake in a 9×13 pan as directed on the box.
2. While it is baking, mix together caramel and condensed milk.
3. When cake is hot out of the oven, poke holes in the cake with a fork.
4. Pour caramel mixture over the hot cake and let it sit until completely cooled. The cake should soak up the caramel.
5. Crush up two of the Butterfingers and sprinkle them over the cake. I put the candy bars in the freezer because they crush better. I actually crush them in the wrappers then cut the tops off and just pour them out over the cake
6. Ice the cake with the Cool Whip and top with last two crushed Butterfingers.
Store in the fridge once iced.
Update: Check out my lighter version (or maybe cousin) of this recipe: WW Frozen Butterfingers Pie